Knit a Carrot Bunny (May need adult supervision/help)
Materials: scissors, 8” x 12” orange printed fabric, 6” x 10” white fabric, small scrap of green felt fibrefill, pink ribbon, pink 1/2” pom-pom, fishing line, black fine-point marker, orange and white thread, needle, glue & pins
1. Print and cut out pattern pieces. (below)
2. Fold orange material in half (4” x 6”), printed sides together.
3. Pin carrot pattern to orange fabric and cut out.
4. Fold white material in half (3” x 5”), printed sides together.
5. Pin bunny head pattern on white fabric and cut out.
6. Thread white thread through needle and tie knot in one end. Sew bunny head using a running stitch. Make small stitches. Leave opening at neck. Tie off thread. Stuff with fibrefill.
7. Thread orange thread through needle and tie knot in one end. Sew carrot using a running stitch. Make small stitches. Leave opening at top of carrot. Stuff with fibrefill.
8. Place neck of bunny head into top of carrot. Fold down the orange fabric a quarter-inch and sew head to carrot using orange thread.
9. Tie pink ribbon around bunny neck and tie in a bow.
10. Cut out green heart and glue onto centre of bow.
11. Tie a pink bow around right ear, if desired.
12. Glue pink pom-pom on face as shown in picture for the nose.
13. Using the black marker, draw in the eyes, whiskers and mouth as shown in picture.
14. Cut an 8” piece of fishing line. Thread through needle and sew through back of bunny ears. Hold both ends of line together and tie in a knot.
|Back to trivia|